- Introduce rdoxygen2 commands in the R functions for easier and cleaner contruction of the documentation.
- Include the possibility to plot results from the ICON model.
- Replaced fixed variable names like HSURF and FR_LAND by their CF standard_name.
correct bug in plotting flag_values and flag_meanings
correct bug for plotting wrong right triangle color in the color bar plot_colourbar.R
Correct the DESCRIPTION file
Replaced: ncdf_times.R by nccf_times.R
- Fixed errors in get.ethz.palette and get.ncar.palette
- new options border, triangle_ends. Option sea.lab now given through plotmap options to be constistent with sea.col
- new options sea.lab and lakes, changed option name scale_factor to scale.factor
- added support for multiple polygons
- added new option legend.scale
ncdf4Utils version 2.0
- Has been rewritten in large parts. It should work now not just for geographical and rotated model coordinates, by for most structured grids, if additional geographic lat/lon data are provided for the model grid.
- An additional small model area can no longer be plotted. For this plot a rectangle of the small model area over the plot or use the old version
- units - default=NULL (overwrites the units from the netCDF file)
- longname - default=NULL (overwrites the longname from the netCDF file)
- add.offset - default=0
- scale.factor - default=1
- geo.coordinate.names - default=c("lon,"lat") 2D fields of the geographical longitude and latitude at the model grid points
- plots wind vectors over a given plot
- converts geographical coordinates to model coordinates
- gets a palette from the web page https://wiki.c2sm.ethz.ch/Data/VisNCLCosmoLibraryColorTables
- gets a palette from the web page http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/color_table_gallery.shtml
The old version of the function
plotmap is now called
plotmap.old. This function will stay as is and will not be further developped.
ncdf4Utils version 1.1
- corrected a bug preventing sea color to be blue by default
- new parameter "smoothed". If set to "T" the plot will be smoothed.
ncdf4Utils version 1.0
- corrected bug in case of grid.txt=T
- eliminated artificial straight lines across the plot showing up under some circumstances
- eliminated errors plotting grid and writing grid labels in some cases when the date line or/and a pole lies in the plotting area
- creates a mask file from a given polygon
ncdf4Utils version 0.5-3
- Introduced new paramenter "pollonshift" to account for pollat=90, pollon=180 (TRUE, default) and pollat=90, pollon=0 (FALSE) representing rotated == geographical grid
- Introduced new paramenter "pollonshift" to account for pollat=90, pollon=180 (TRUE, default)and pollat=90, pollon=0 (FALSE) representing rotated == geographical grid
- Corrected error in case pollat=90, pollon /= 0., pollonshift=FALSE
ncdf4Utils version 0.5-2
- changed default time from CET to UTC
- changed input format of reference time to %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%
- changed label "sea" to "water"
- Direction of the axis description now depends on which side the axis is plotted.
- Grid labels can be set on and of for each axis separately
- New parameter grid.lwd for the line width of the grid
- Missing reading of attribute earth_radius for multiple_rotated_pole transformation added
- Distinguish for 3D variables whether the third dimension is time or level
ncdf4Utils version 0.5-1
- is no longer necessary since ncdf4 package (version >= 1.6.1)
- the new plotmap.R function includes rotated coordinates
- calculates the special case pollat=90.,pollon=0.,polgam=0. (i.e. same geographical coordinates) now logically (no longer pollat=90.,pollon=180.,polgam=0. or pollat=90.,pollon=0.,polgam=180.for geographical coordinates)
- This function has been re-written and includes (and thus replaces) the former plotmap.R and plotmap_rot.R functions. The new function now decides on the existance and value of the grid mapping parameter in the netCDF file
- A new grid mapping for multiple rotated pole has been added.
- A new option is available: "na.col". The colour of undefined grid pixels is defined by this option. By default it is transparent.
- Transforms geographical to multiple rotated pole coordinates (usage: geo2multirot) or multiple rotated pole to geographical coordinates (usage: multirot2geo)
ncdf4Utils version 0.4-10
initial version in netCDF4 based on netCDF3 version ncdfUtils